Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Not honoring hardware warranty ..Worst customer support Case # 41767256

ankur2104
Aspirant

Not honoring hardware warranty ..Worst customer support Case # 41767256

I have a router which I bought from Overstock outlets . However It was lying with me and I didn't use it. Recently I decided to use the product but it started troubling me as it restarts on its own ,Also internet connections drops very frequently .

I contacted the support team and they couldnot resolve the issue through reset and firmware upgrade.

I requested for replacement as it clearly says it has lifetime warranty.  Also when I registered the product it clearly says it has warranty till "Hardware Warranty: Available till 2041-09-15".

However now the customer support is not ready to listen .First they denied the warranty and said it has only 1 year warranty. but they have no answer for why their own portal says the warranty end date as 2041.Then they said its refurbished product.I told them you can get the product back to determine if it's ever refurbished , but they are not ready to listen.

Now They are also asking for proof of purchase. i don't understand how can I have a proof of purchase for a product bought months or year back.All electronics devices are identified through their serial numbers.

I think Netgear one of worst company I had ever experienced. Customer support kept the ticket for 2 days and then kept me on hold for 1 hour and then started coming up with invalid reasons

Looking at their customer support and responses I will in my life will never buy a netgear product and will not recommend the same to anyone.

Model: WNR2000v4|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this regarding the WNR2000? Please confirm this is the model router your referencing. 

You didn't mention what model router you are talking about so we have no idea. 

@Christian_R 

@ankur2104 wrote:

I have a router which I bought from Overstock outlets . However It was lying with me and I didn't use it. Recently I decided to use the product but it started troubling me as it restarts on its own ,Also internet connections drops very frequently .

I contacted the support team and they couldnot resolve the issue through reset and firmware upgrade.

I requested for replacement as it clearly says it has lifetime warranty.  Also when I registered the product it clearly says it has warranty till "Hardware Warranty: Available till 2041-09-15".

However now the customer support is not ready to listen .First they denied the warranty and said it has only 1 year warranty. but they have no answer for why their own portal says the warranty end date as 2041.Then they said its refurbished product.I told them you can get the product back to determine if it's ever refurbished , but they are not ready to listen.

Now They are also asking for proof of purchase. i don't understand how can I have a proof of purchase for a product bought months or year back.All electronics devices are identified through their serial numbers.

I think Netgear one of worst company I had ever experienced. Customer support kept the ticket for 2 days and then kept me on hold for 1 hour and then started coming up with invalid reasons

Looking at their customer support and responses I will in my life will never buy a netgear product and will not recommend the same to anyone.

Message 2 of 6
ankur2104
Aspirant

@Christian_R

Hi Christian , Thanks for your response, Yes the model is WNR2000v4

Model: WNR2000v4|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI this router is End Of Life by NG and is no longer supported or developed on. Last FW upate was 2 years ago.

You need to return this router item to the reseller and get your money back. 

I believe the warranty dates maybe incorrect and NG only warranties items for about 1 year fully. 90 days free waranty support. 

The model you have is old, probably not safe and I would not recommend using it. 

@ankur2104 wrote:

@Christian_R

Hi Christian , Thanks for your response, Yes the model is WNR2000v4

Message 4 of 6
ankur2104
Aspirant

@Christian_R

Hi Christian,

Again thanks for looking in to it. I see this router still listed on so many retail stores website(Target ,Kohl's ,Fry's etc) who all are authorised retailers of Netgear. Attached are the screen shots.

Also I still have the box of this product which clearly says lifeTime warranty . I can send you the picture if you want to. 

Also When I registered this product on netgear it automatically computed my Warranty date till 2041.Attached is the screen shot. I had same argument with support and finally they aggreed on my point after looking in to all the details.

However now they are saying they need receipt to ensure that it is not refurbished. Now how can I have a receipt of the product which I bought 1 year back as brand new . Again I still has the box of the product. and You can check the device itself that it is never refurbished.

Also I can see Netgear.com still selling and providing support on it. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/WNR2000.aspx

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1797612/netgear-n300-wireless-router.jsp?skuId=606449059151&search...

https://www.target.com/p/netgear-n300-wifi-router-wnr2000/-/A-14092270?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=goo...

I am not happy with netgear because I have to spend so much of time explaining so many things and then everytime they come back with different reasons for not providing the warranty.

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ankur21004,

Thanks for the information. I have forwarded it to our Customer Care for further assistance. 

Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7