Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Only one device has internet access -- minimal options in genie

asthelen
Follower

Only one device has internet access -- minimal options in genie

I have a C3700-100NAS and ever since I got it, I have only been able to connect to the internet on one device at a time. Whichever is connected first gets internet access, but each computer/phone after that gets connected just fine but has no access to internet. This is true regardless of whether I use Wi-Fi or ethernet. When I troubleshoot the internet connection on those computers, it says the IP address was not configured properly. The default gateway IP for the first computer looks fine, but the default gateway for each one after that is a weird combination of numbers and symbols -- hence the IP address error I guess. It's strange that I can't ping the router though even though it says I'm connected.

Also, the genie version I have seems to be lacking quite a few menus that I have seen online and in my model's user guide. I would like to try to update my router firmware or edit the router IP table, but there is no option to do that. The only three menus I get under ADVANCED --> Administration are "Gateway Status", "Router Mode", and "Event Log". "Router Mode" is completely useless because whenever I switch it to "Yes", it just switches back to "No" after rebooting. So that means the three actions I can take in genie are "Factory reset", "Reboot", and "Frequency start value". All seem completely useless for connecting more devices.

Is there any way I can fix these issues, or will I be needing a replacement? It sounds as if something isn't right with my product, given how limited genie is for me.

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello asthelen

I would try to do a factory reset and if your still seeing this strange behavior I would contact netgear support if the modem is still under warranty to troubleshoot and replace the device if needed.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

which ISP are you on? I can take a good guess who it will be.

your modem has been set to "BRIDGE MODE" forcefully by the ISP. 

if you set to factory default and disconnect the coax cable, everything will be ok. but as soon you connect to the coax cable, your ISP is pushing a configuration to force the device to "BRIDGE mode"

Message 3 of 5
Billz8
Aspirant

I have the C3700 and have the exact same problem. I used this successfully with Comcats for a year, moved out of their service area and used it successfuly with Mediacom for a year, and then moved across town (still Mediacom, same account). Suddenly, only the first device connected after reset has internet access. The rest connect to the router but cannot access the internet. I have the same Genie problem as the OP, and whenever I reset the router it resets in bridge mode.

Solutions please? I really don't want to go buy a new router for no reason!

Thanks

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Billz8

Did you factory reset the modem I know you said reset but did you hold down the button for 10 seconds?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7