Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OpenDNS Listed as DDoS

Jed10tn
Aspirant

OpenDNS Listed as DDoS

Is anyone using OpenDNS as their NetGear Cable Modem? I have DDoS protection enabled, and Cisco's OpenDNS IP addresses are being listed as a DDoS attack. My computers still resolve DNS with their service, so some traffic is getting through. I don't see any way to allow this traffic or exclude this ip address from protection. There's continual events about 7 minutes from each other. 

[DoS attack: TCP- or UDP-based Port Scan] from 208.67.220.220, port 53]

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: OpenDNS Listed as DDoS

Hi Jed10tn, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of your modem? Netgear doesn't have a modem that supports OpenDNS and the support for OpenDNS on our products ended last April 2021.

https://kb.netgear.com/000063022/Support-for-Live-Parental-Controls-ends-April-1-2021

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jed10tn, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of your modem? Netgear doesn't have a modem that supports OpenDNS and the support for OpenDNS on our products ended last April 2021.

https://kb.netgear.com/000063022/Support-for-Live-Parental-Controls-ends-April-1-2021

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Jed10tn
Aspirant

I set the OpenDNS servers in the NightHawks DNS settings. Its just an external ip address and doesn't require anything special. Its the same as setting 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8. I don't have to authenticate with them. My ISPs IP address is permitted inbound to their servers. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7