Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Opening a port / port fowarding

Alanbear
Follower

Opening a port / port fowarding

my nest thermostats recently cut off and the nest tech support said i needed to open a port on my router for devices to prefent them from being shut off. 

I have been watching you tube videos and scanning forums but have yet to find a comprehensive way of accessing these devices in my router and moving them to an open port. 

I can find the IP address that the nest currently has from my router and go to the port forwarding screen in the setup of the router, but I dont understand how I tell the router to port that device specifically or open the port for the device with the Ip address it has assigned. 

when i get to the add custom service tab there are a lot of values that need to be entered and Im at a loss of the values that need to be entered.  

So I have devices that need to have an open port and unrestricted access.  Is there an easy to digest tutorial or instruction on how to do this? 

Thank you in advance.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: Opening a port / port fowarding

I'm not sure why the Nest tech told you that. You do not need to open any ports. My Nest works fine without any open ports.

Can you explain a bit further what's going on? What do you mean by cut off? Are they not connecting to your Wi-Fi or are they not connecting to the Internet?
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7