Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pairing up smart bulbs!

chrob61
Aspirant

Pairing up smart bulbs!

I have a Netgear AC1900 cable modem router, model c7000v2.

I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to pair my smart light bulbs (Philips Wiz) trying to find the 2.4 ghz connection.  I have looked at my router settings and have both 2.4 and 5 gb.  On my phone, there are 2 different drop downs under wifi- Netgear51 and Netgear51-5G.  I selected the 2.4 since the bulbs cannot use the 5 ghz.

Can anyone help me?  I am not that technical with all this! Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Pairing up smart bulbs!

Please visit and post about this over in the cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact the bulbs mfr as they will have information on connecting there products to wifi routers. 

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Is your phone connected to 2.4ghz while you're trying to setup? 

Message 4 of 8
chrob61
Aspirant

Yes I have 2 different wifi networks available on my phone, the Netgear5 and Netgear5-5G.

I went in to the settings using admin as username, and see that both networks are enabled and they are each called a different name SSID.  I will again try the Philips Wiz chat option to see if they can help me.

@plemans wrote:

Is your phone connected to 2.4ghz while you're trying to setup? 

Message 5 of 8
chrob61
Aspirant

One thing I have discovered while watching various youtube videos, is, that there should be a way for me to disable 5G wireless.  So I went in to my router login, and unchecked the "Enable 5G".   But then I got a pop up something like I cannot disable with WPA??  Not sure exactly the message....what I am getting at is this, isn't there a way for me to turn OFF 5G, set up my light bulbs with the 2.4 G , then go back and turn 5G back on??  

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Again, you shouldn't even slightly need to turn it off. You just need your phone to be on 2.4ghz. the lights won't pickup 5ghz if they don't have that option. 

Message 7 of 8
chrob61
Aspirant

I set my phone to the 2.4GHZ, I am convinced now the problem is with either my light fixture or the bulbs.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7