Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Phone call clarity using Netgear C7100v Cable Modem

hedmand
Tutor

Phone call clarity using Netgear C7100v Cable Modem

I have a C7100v cable modem (replaced by Netgear once already). I have to reboot the modem everyday to get clear phone calls. Callers can here me fine but I can't here them clearly as their voice breaks up. I've had Comcast replace the wires from the street pole to my house, the splitter and wire connecting the cable modem. I also recently had Comcast upgrade the firmware for my cable modem and have purchase new AT&T wireless phones. None of these measures have resolved the issue. I am ready to turn in my cable modem for a refund if I can't resolve this issue soon.

Message 1 of 12
BZpbp
Tutor

I had the same issue with mine....even sent the first one back thinking there was a defect.  I had comcast senior techs at my house three times....everything checked out on their end.  They then installed a separate voice only modem as an experiment, and calls were crystal clear with no breakup.  I continue to use the separate oice modem, since I make calls for work on this phone, and can't afford the bad quality.  My 7100V is now a very expensive wireless router.  Netgear has been no help.

Message 2 of 12
hedmand
Tutor

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me what voice modem you use and how you have it installed with your C7100v?

Message 3 of 12
BZpbp
Tutor

I am now using an Arris TM822 for voice modem.  Installation:  Where main cable comes into house...at splitter...a separate branch goes to the voice modem., with phone line plugged into the back of the TM822.  The main cable is now split 4 ways...1 bravch to voice modem...1 to 7100V...and 2 to tv boxes.  Voice now completely separate from the 7100v....which is now like I said...an expensive wireless router.  I haven't had a single problem with this configuration.  Just disappointing that the 7100V can't do the job it's supposed to do.

Message 4 of 12
hedmand
Tutor

Thank you sir. Most helpful. It's a shame Netgear has not been more proactive to fix this problem. I'm going to write an extremely negative review of this modem exposing this problem to prospective buyers of this problems.

Message 5 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Can you send me a PM with your name, email, and phone number our support team wants to work with you on these issues with the c7100.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 12
NKumar
Aspirant

I am consistently having the same problem with voice call. Most expansive modem on the market and you can't use it. If you can not resolve it, i am heading to Post  to most negative review so that future customer doesn't get deceived.

Message 7 of 12
reid999
Initiate

I am experiencing the same problem - pretty disappointed, otherwise this a nice modem.

Message 8 of 12
hedmand
Tutor

But damn expensive!!! What hurts is Netgear thinks it can resolve the problem over the phone but it can't.

Message 9 of 12
hedmand
Tutor

Below is my latest Case #, Hopefully you can track it from that.

Message 10 of 12
DGFisher
Aspirant

The fix for the distorted voice in the C7100V Modem is a Netgear firmware update to version .33.  It should be deployed by Comcast by the first part of March 2018.  I had the same problem and Netgear identified the glitch.  Gettting Comcast to make distributiion is another issue.  

I know this is a good fix because Netgear sent me another modem with a modified firmware version to troubleshoot.  

Best of luck to all of you having this problem.

Message 11 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The firmware was released by comcast today you may want to do a reboot on the modem by unplugging the power and powering back on so the modem will download the new firmware.

DarrenM

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7