Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please Help - I Don't Know Where Else to Turn

jcaston83
Follower

Please Help - I Don't Know Where Else to Turn

Hello,

I don't know where else to turn with my problem. In January I purchased a Netgear CM1200 modem for my new house for $200.00 off amazon. This morning, for no reason whatso ever, it stopped working. After getting off the phone with my ISP, it was determined that my service is fine, the problem is with the modem.

I called Netgear and was informed that since my modem was older than three months, they wouldn't provide me with any form of tech support unless I paid them $150.00 to extend my tech support service.

This is beyond insulting. I can't believe I paid $200.00 for something that only worked five months and then I'm refused even over the phone tech support.

I'm not getting any kind of internet service. The internet light is on but nothing plugged into the ethernet ports work, not even the wifi router. I've done numerous resets over and over. I dont know what else to do and I just feel taken advantage of by Netgear.

If anyone can help, I'd gladly take your advice.

John

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Please Help - I Don't Know Where Else to Turn

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Please post the modems connection status page information here in the forums or attach the information in a file using the Choose File button seen at the bottom if when you respond to this post. 

Also log in to the modems web page and disable LAG. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the external wifif router connected to the modem? 

Does the problem happen with out the wifi router connected to the modem? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7