Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port Forward Not Working - C6300 AC1750

user124125
Aspirant

Port Forward Not Working - C6300 AC1750

I have a server set at 192.168.0.100 for port 80 but the port forward is not working. I turned off the Media Server for the USB ReadyShare.

If type my IP address it simply takes me to the router login. Outside port check says: Connection Refused.

Here are some screenshots.
http://i.imgur.com/RirqOoy.png
http://i.imgur.com/D431Hcg.png

Message 1 of 34
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In your first screengrab I see that ‘Port Forwarding’ is set to ‘Never’, it should be ‘Per Schedule’ or ‘Always’. Also many Netgear home grade routers don’t support Loopback, which is what would be needed to test port forwarding from within your LAN, so you might want to make sure that all your tests are external, say from a web based port checker or a smartphone/tablet using 3G/4G.
Message 2 of 34
user124125
Aspirant

Hi, Babylon5.

Thanks for your reply. What you see in the first screenshot are the defaults to create a new service. When I created my service, I selected 'Port Forwarding', 'Always', 'HTTP' service name, '192.168.0.100' for server ip address.

I've tried to check if port 80 works with an outside connection, using my mobile phone. It says 'No data received.', and I have had this working before. This is a new router, before this I've had no issues with port forwarding.
Message 3 of 34
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Some ISPs will block port 80 incoming, i.e. the port you want to forward. You have the option with that router to use a different external port so you could for example direct port 12345 external to port 80 internal. If you do that then the port number would need to be added to the URL e.g. HTTP://my.readyshare.homedns:12345/....
Message 4 of 34
seriksen
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue with my C6300, have gone back and forth between uPnP and manually adding the ports.
When I connect remotely it takes me to the main setup screen. Even though I didn't have remote management turned on.
Message 5 of 34
iotaprime
Aspirant

Same symptoms for me. I'm getting better results by leaving the External IP Address as 0.0.0.0 - which corresponds to the ALL menu selection.
I sure wish Synology would include this router in their list.
Message 6 of 34
grakker
Initiate

This is by far the most frustrating modem/router I've ever owned. It not only has a strangely and frustratingly slow interface, it just doesn't work. I've set up DMZ on three different routers with no problem. This one doesn't seem to like DMZ or port forwarding. I don't get it.
Message 7 of 34
DHabibi
Novice

Have been messing with this for a few hours and talking with tech support and they wanted me to reset the modem and setup again, etc. etc. I am a software engineer and have setup quite a few modems, the port forwarding on Netgear AC1750 simply does not work, DMZ also does not work. You keep getting the log on screen even when you do not have the remote administration active. Have switched back to old Netgear cable modem, will buy a different modem, need to upgrade for better speed. If anybody has fixed this problem somehow love to know. Was hoping could do a firmware upgrade but I guess that is done via the cable company and there does not seem to be any. We should be able to upgrade the software in our own modems!
Message 8 of 34
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DHabibi wrote:
You keep getting the log on screen even when you do not have the remote administration active.

This is a typical response when testing port forwarding using the Public IP from within the LAN, is that what you did? I expect that the router does not support Loopback.
Message 9 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

I am also having issues with this. Port forwarding is just not working. How can we ever get a fix for this? Firmware updates for modems require ISP QA, not just from NetGear. Has anyone gotten port forwarding working?
Message 10 of 34
DHabibi
Novice

I am waiting for a level 2 support from Netgear. Everything I have works fine with an old Netgear (2.0 modem). Bought the 1750 and can not get it work in any which way. I am wondering if the USB sharing is getting in the way and when I go to disable it it complaints about ports being assigned to other stuff. Even with every other setting removed still can not disable the USB sharing, simply does not want to go away. Was about to buy the N600 modem, have not heard about too many problems with that one but I did see some things so now wondering. Again I have an old Netgear working great, expect slow. Changing nothing on my network, setting up the new one to work just like before and it is refusing. Again if anybody gets and answer or solution let everybody know.
Message 11 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

Has anyone managed to get port forwarding working? I simply can not. It just doesn't work. How can this be??

Message 12 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

Can someone from NetGear add any insight about this issue? This is so frustrating.

Message 13 of 34
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jmkapp80

When you say that port fowarding isnt working for you do you mean you set up port fowarding and what your trying to foward isnt working or is it not even allowing you to foward ports at all?

DarrenM

Message 14 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply Darren.

I set up port forwarding according to the instructions. When I go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/, the ports that I opened are showing as not open. 

As you may have read, I am not the only one having this issue, and no one has responded to this thread at all that they successfully have port forwarding working.

portFwdSetup.pngportCheck.png

Message 15 of 34
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Ok I am currently having this issue being looked into since I do see that many people are experiencing the same thing I will let you know what I can find out about the issue.

DarrenM

Message 16 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

For those still having this issue, here is what Darren has said to me after troubleshooting my issue.

"I have some news about Port Forwarding TWC is now aware of the issue and they are planning to fix it with a new firmware sometime in mid October. Let me know if you have any more questions."

Thanks for looking into this Darren.

Message 17 of 34
Rockne
Aspirant

I was having the same problem and I just checked the box next to "Disable port scan and DOS protection" in the "WAN Setup" tab.  I tested using Open Port Check Tool at canyouseeme.org and it is now seeing my forwarded ports.  I am a novice so I would apprciate to know if this is going to open me up for other more serious problems.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 34
jd69627
Aspirant

Did you ever get an answer on the WAN setup option?

Message 19 of 34
Rockne
Aspirant

I did not receive a response.  I'm still unsure about the ramifications of bypassing the port scan in WAN setup.  Doing so did fix my port forwarding problem though.

Message 20 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

Not for me. I disabled this feature and port forwarding is still not working.

Message 21 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

I have to correct my last statement. No matter if the feature is on or off, port forwarding still does not work for me.

Message 22 of 34
jmknapp80
Aspirant

DarrenM,

Do you happen to know the status of the modem update? 

Thanks,

Jason

Message 23 of 34
Rockne
Aspirant

The last I read was that the fix would come from your internet service provider.

Message 24 of 34
jjrjr1
Tutor

Hi

I have all these problems with my new C6300

All worked fine on my old linksys router.

Interface terribly slow.

Port forwarding not working properly for port 80. Internally direct to the server on HTTP, FTP, and RDP all work fine.

From external or public IP the poert forward does not work for FTP  RDP or HTTP

RDP just plain does not respond

HTTP always goes to the router admin (with or without remote management enables)

FTP when trying to port forward give an error saying the poer is in use elsewhere.  BUT NOWHERE can I find the confict on any of the router setup pages.

Spent 2 hours with 1st level support with him loged into my computer before I had to ask if we could escalate to the next level of support. He agreed.

But I had to wait all day to talk to them

I spent another 2 hours with 2nd level support logged in with team viewer.  He finally said it was a bug in the C6300 and woukld escalate it to engineering.

Finding this post indicates to me that netgear has known about the problem and is in no hurry to fix this.

Thos router is critical to my home biziness and really needs to work as a REAL router.

Any Ideas, anyone know if a fix is close, if not another suitable modem/router for Time Warner recomendation THAT WORKS?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

John

Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7