Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Portfoward for CCTV D6400

Mysterious
Aspirant

Portfoward for CCTV D6400

I am trying to setup my dvr CCTV to view on my PC. I had it working with my old modem but can not get it to work with my D6400. I have followed the steps supplied with the techview dvr cameras. The program for viewing on my PC can find the dvr but says it's offline.

What am I doing wrong? My modem has my 2 home pcs, ps4 and dvr/cctv plugged in

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Portfoward for CCTV D6400

Go to LAN settings on the router.  There, you should see an Address Reservation section.  Add an entry for your dvr.  Page 207 in manual explains how to do it.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Are you trying to access your dvr from a home PC?  If yes, then port forwarding doesn't come into play.  Port forwarding is only required to access the dvr when you are away from home.

You need to get local dvr access working first.  Then move onto port forwarding.

Message 2 of 11
Mysterious
Aspirant

Well now I'm even more confused. I am trying to access it from the home pc. Last modem I had to Port forward. To remote view I thought I had to change my ip address to a I think it's called dynamic ip, but I thought my service provider had to do that.

So how the heck do I get the local access to work?

Message 3 of 11
TheEther
Guru

You need to connect to the IP address and TCP port on the dvr.  Do you know these two pieces of information?

Message 4 of 11
Mysterious
Aspirant

No I don't. I don't remember doing it last time.

There is an ip in the network settings on the dvr. I don't know what a tcp Port is.

The second home pc has the same ip address as the dvr is this right or does it conflict

Message 5 of 11
TheEther
Guru

@Mysterious wrote:

No I don't. I don't remember doing it last time.

There is an ip in the network settings on the dvr. 

How are you able to see the network settings on the dvr?

I don't know what a tcp Port is.

So, how did you connect to the dvr, previously?  Be specific and provide as many details as possible.

The second home pc has the same ip address as the dvr is this right or does it conflict

It conflicts.  Is the dvr set up to obtain an IP address dynamically from the router or is the IP address manually configured on the dvr?

Message 6 of 11
Mysterious
Aspirant

Arrgghhh. Typing out my reply and I realise it needs to be on DHCP not static on my DVR and what do you know, it works in an instant and I maganged to Port forward and used a "no ip" server now I can remote view.  Now I am hoping it all stays connected.

I appreciate your help. I had been manually configuring it now i done it with my old modem. For now the frustration is over! Thank you

Message 7 of 11
TheEther
Guru

It's great that you got it working.  Do one last thing and set up a DHCP reservation on the router to assign the same IP address to the DVR.

Message 8 of 11
Mysterious
Aspirant

umm how do I do that. 

I put the noip.com host/user name that I created into the router under the section "Dynamic DNS, use a dynamic DNS service"

I have 2 x 4 channel DVR system I have port forward both of them, and I can view both from mobile phone ( not connected the the house LAN )

That is as far as I have got.

Message 9 of 11
TheEther
Guru

Go to LAN settings on the router.  There, you should see an Address Reservation section.  Add an entry for your dvr.  Page 207 in manual explains how to do it.

Message 10 of 11
Mysterious
Aspirant

Thank you, all done.

What a relief that whole process was doing my head in and turns out it is simple just press the right button.

Very much appreciate the help

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7