Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question about dealing with multiple interfaces

tymal77
Follower

Question about dealing with multiple interfaces

Hi,

So I am currently working on project which involves setting up a simulated wifi-Direct network. This network is currently running the BATMAN routing protocol, so the interfaces were already set to the bat0 master interface. I have one node which has two interfaces (batman (bat0) interface already set up). I have noticed that packets are only sent through one interface when testing with traceroute. I would like to have packets sent through both interfaces at the same time. I have tried using interface bonding, but get "operation not permitted" when trying "ip link set sta1-wlan0 master bond0". I think this is due to the active bat0 interface. Is it possible to have two master interfaces, or any work-arounds?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Question about dealing with multiple interfaces

What NG product are you referring too? Please ensure you find the right NG forum for your product. This forum is for the Cable modem gateways from NG. 

Thank you. 

@tymal77 wrote:

Hi,

So I am currently working on project which involves setting up a simulated wifi-Direct network. This network is currently running the BATMAN routing protocol, so the interfaces were already set to the bat0 master interface. I have one node which has two interfaces (batman (bat0) interface already set up). I have noticed that packets are only sent through one interface when testing with traceroute. I would like to have packets sent through both interfaces at the same time. I have tried using interface bonding, but get "operation not permitted" when trying "ip link set sta1-wlan0 master bond0". I think this is due to the active bat0 interface. Is it possible to have two master interfaces, or any work-arounds?

Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7