Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question about reconnecting my network after moving. AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400

eaglepi
Guide

Question about reconnecting my network after moving. AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400

I have a question about reconnecting my network after moving.  I am building a new house that is in the same city that I live now. I will be using the same ISP.

When I move the router,modem to my new house, when I plug everything in all the settings should stay the same and it should just boot up and run as if it was never moved, correct?

I know this is a dumb question but I want to make sure I know for sure prior to moving.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
antinode
Guru

Re: Question about reconnecting my network after moving. AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400

> [...] it should just boot up and run as if it was never moved,
> correct?

Sure, if the (unspecified) "same ISP" _service_ is the same.  Why not
ask the (unspecified) "same ISP", to which you'll be complaining when
something goes wrong?

In a different location, the radio-interference situation might be
different, making a channel change beneficial.

Your external (public?) IP address might be different, and you might
care about that (or not).

As usual, many things are possible.

Message 2 of 6
eaglepi
Guide

Re: Question about reconnecting my network after moving. AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400

thanks for your input

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 6
eaglepi
Guide

thanks

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7