Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6300v2 PF 443 for QNAP

OldGhost
Aspirant

R6300v2 PF 443 for QNAP

My ONAP TS-251+ is requiring for me to open port 443 so the NAS can be connected to outside my home network.  When I attempt to open 443 I get a message basically saying another program is using it.

Also, do I need to or should I set a static IP?  if so, do I set it on the router or the NAS?

Message 1 of 9
OldGhost
Aspirant

Re: R6300v2 PF 443 for QNAP

Hello? Anyone have ideas?

Message 2 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Oldghost 

Port 443 is used for HTTPS are you able to use another port for your NAS?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 9
OldGhost
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM,

Just so you know. I am 83 years old and I am trying to learn this tech stuff. (Not easy for me) It takes much longer for me to learn these days.

I am being told by Qnap to use 443 for HTTPS for security porposes I belive. It was suggest to try another port # and I can set one but I could not connect to the NAS from outside the home network. I can watch the log file on the router and it shows the connection request coming through and I assume that the NAS is denying the request or it's something sels.
The log file also shows other attempts to get into the NAS or the router since I opened up that port so I closed it.

I would like get this working for my sons when they travel out of the US and it must be very secure.

I am talking on the Qnap fourm to set this up but the snag is setting the 443 port. That is why I came over here.

Message 4 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

OldGhost 

I was able to open port 443 on my R6300v2 do you happen to have another device that is using port forwarding with the 443 port?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 9
OldGhost
Aspirant

When I go to set the port forward and select add custom service. I input 443, TCP and select the IP of the NAS. I click apply and I get this Error:

"The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type"

I noticed using the netgear geinie software under one of the tabs that the readyshare software is using HTTPS (via internet) - an IP# and port 443.  This might account for the above error.

(side note: ill be leving for a while and wont reply for a few hours after this)

Message 6 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Oldghost 

Are you using readyshare? if so try to remove the Drive that is plugged into the usb port on the router to see if that may be whats stopping that port from being forward.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 9
OldGhost
Aspirant

Nope.

Nothing plugged into it and not useing readyshare for anything.
Can I disable readyshare in some way?

Message 8 of 9
OldGhost
Aspirant

Re: R6300v2 Port Forwarding 443 for QNAP

Here is what I have done in the router settings.

Under the USB storage/Advanced settings.

I have unchecked HTTPS (via internet) https://xxx.xxx.IP/shares port 443.

This allowed me to set a custom service under port forwarding for TCP 443. I have kept the box checked for

(Use the same port range for internal port)

I do not know if this is the correct thing to do however.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7