Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 Network speed drastically slow (Wired and Wifi)

Jaybles
Follower

R8000 Network speed drastically slow (Wired and Wifi)

(Brief Backstory: I moved and upgraded to gb internet. I upgraded my router as well. After install the router kept putting out similar network results as stated above. Install Tech for infinity gave me their xfi modem/router combo thing. I used it for a while but it's a POS and costs me money every month to rent. Finally I bought a replacement modem in hopes that I could reuse the old router. Here I am...)

So I have an xfinity connection. I'm rated to get 1gb down and 30gb up. Hardwired to the modem my PC gets 900+/- down and 30+/- up. Hard wired to the router I get 100 +/- down and 30+/- up. Wifi is similar. As you can see, this is a MASSIVE drop. 

The modem (CM1200) is brand spankin new. Seems to be working fine. The router is 1 year old. I performed a full Factory Reset on the router disabled QoS as well as Traffic Meter. Still nothing. Any advice/tips?

Because I bought it a year ago and didn't have the time/money to purchase a replacement modem (until now), my return window from amazon is gone so I'm hoping there is a solution somewhere out there.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R8000 Network speed drastically slow (Wired and Wifi)

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck.

@Jaybles wrote:

(Brief Backstory: I moved and upgraded to gb internet. I upgraded my router as well. After install the router kept putting out similar network results as stated above. Install Tech for infinity gave me their xfi modem/router combo thing. I used it for a while but it's a POS and costs me money every month to rent. Finally I bought a replacement modem in hopes that I could reuse the old router. Here I am...)

So I have an xfinity connection. I'm rated to get 1gb down and 30gb up. Hardwired to the modem my PC gets 900+/- down and 30+/- up. Hard wired to the router I get 100 +/- down and 30+/- up. Wifi is similar. As you can see, this is a MASSIVE drop. 

The modem (CM1200) is brand spankin new. Seems to be working fine. The router is 1 year old. I performed a full Factory Reset on the router disabled QoS as well as Traffic Meter. Still nothing. Any advice/tips?

Because I bought it a year ago and didn't have the time/money to purchase a replacement modem (until now), my return window from amazon is gone so I'm hoping there is a solution somewhere out there.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7