Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 slow wifi and slow hard wired connections

Twitty123
Aspirant

R8000 slow wifi and slow hard wired connections

So basically I have done a lot of research into what the issue could be and have not been able to figure it out and have high hopes of someone knowing how to fix the problem.

The Issue: So a couple of months ago I had an older Netgear router that was actually able to support AC standard however, you could see that the router was starting not to work properly and was having issues with bandwidth and staying connected. So I went out and purchased a brand new router. Before I did this though I tested the speeds from the router to my laptop.  I'm supposed to be getting at least 450mb\s for download speed however, I was only getting roughly 100mb\s. So I then tested the modem which is provided by my ISP  and found out that I am getting at least 450mb\s out of my modem. So at this point, I figured its the router so I purchased a brand new R8000 nighthawk tri-band router.  Well, it did make the speeds go up a little bit for WIFI, however, I did test it hardwired again to the router and was getting somewhere between 180 mb\s for download. I would assume that there is still an issue with something since the modem produces 450mb\s but the router will not come anywhere close to that... It should be noted the speed test that is built into the UI of the router says I am receiving roughly 350mb\s  but I have not been able to achieve that otherwise. 

So the real question is since I am getting 450mb\s from my modem and the only 180mb\s from the router wired directly from both is there an issue? I should also mention that there does seem to be an issue of latency with online games and furthermore, the router is brand new and is still having similar issues like the old one was just not as bad. I should mention I did talk to my ISP about the issue however, they did not see any issues on there end with interference or bad signal levels.

Message 1 of 2
Twitty123
Aspirant

Re: R8000 slow wifi and slow hard wired connections

Does anyone have a solution or need any more information??

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7