Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 speed issues

RyGuy69
Aspirant

R9000 speed issues

Hello,
I'm running the R9000. I have a 1 gbps speeds, I'm getting about 840 Mbps down and 940 Mbps upload.

You have to run everything default out of the box. If you have a modem. Set it up in bridge mode to by pass its NAT table. If you can't connect direct to ONT. Make sure you're using cat 6 or higher cables. From router to ONT.

When I tested witless. I was getting 450 down and 450 up on most of my AC wireless cards. I've ordered an AD wireless card and will test 1 gb speeds. I've found out the wireless nic to be the over all issue with speed. I have an AC1900 wireless USB 3.0 adapter and able to hit near 700 up and down.

Turn off all things like access control, qos, parental controls and etc. I'm still working on more settings to see about fine tuning it overall.

I will keep you all posted.
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R9000 speed issues

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
You might try Voxels 3rd party FW as well. 
Good Luck. 

@RyGuy69 wrote:
Hello,
I'm running the R9000. I have a 1 gbps speeds, I'm getting about 840 Mbps down and 940 Mbps upload.

You have to run everything default out of the box. If you have a modem. Set it up in bridge mode to by pass its NAT table. If you can't connect direct to ONT. Make sure you're using cat 6 or higher cables. From router to ONT.

When I tested witless. I was getting 450 down and 450 up on most of my AC wireless cards. I've ordered an AD wireless card and will test 1 gb speeds. I've found out the wireless nic to be the over all issue with speed. I have an AC1900 wireless USB 3.0 adapter and able to hit near 700 up and down.

Turn off all things like access control, qos, parental controls and etc. I'm still working on more settings to see about fine tuning it overall.

I will keep you all posted.

Message 2 of 4
RyGuy69
Aspirant

I already tried that one. If I wanted the crap netgear interface. I'd use it. 😄 I'm rather have DumaOS or Merlin
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Sorry, DumaOS is not supported on R series routers. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7