Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Random Drops - c7000 AC1900 Nighthawk

jacawthon
Follower

Random Drops - c7000 AC1900 Nighthawk

I just recently bought my first advanced all in one router (Nighthawk c7000 ac1900).  Apparently I don't know what I'm doing with it or it has issues that I nor the person who helped me pick it out knew about.  The router is great and my speeds are fantastic with it. I have spectrum for internet, only paying for the 100/10 service.  The first night was great, no issues at all. I have 1 pc and 2 ps4 consoles hooked up via ethernet.  It wasn't until Saturday night we noticed our first hiccups.  The unit seemed to randomly drop the connections, with the wifi still being intact.  It would take a minute or so for the connection to stablize. Sometimes it would drop every connection.  The lights of the modem would either all go off and back on or half off (mainly the internet and up/down lights).  The modem is up to date with its firmware, 1.02.09 or some variation, but its correct.  Anyways, my question is simply will I keep having these drops? I haven't noticed any since that night, so Ive been tossing it up to maybe it was updating the firmware?  But is there anything I can do to eliminate those drops? Everything on the router is factory, Ive only changed the wifi name and password.  I did have it plugged into a powerstrip during all that and moved it to be plugged straight into the wall since.

Also with this, Ive noticed our PS4s NAT type changed from 2 to 3. Anything I can do to change that? Only difference I've noticed is I cant party chat.  Im guessing the security might be a bit tighter with that setting.

Thanks in advance to the help I get

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Random Drops - c7000 AC1900 Nighthawk

Have you done any port forwarding for the PS4?

Here are the ports you need

• TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
  • UDP: 3478-3479

https://kb.netgear.com/24290/How-do-I-add-a-custom-port-forwarding-service-on-my-Nighthawk-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7