Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Random Re-boot

flemingisle
Aspirant

Random Re-boot

I have a AC1750 modem and C6300 router combo unit. All lights work, both 2.4 and 5GHz work, and all updates were done. I had several hiccups getting the modem router up and running. Once I finally did, it worked okay but every few days it would re-boot itself. I thought initially it may be heat related, although it is in a 75 degree air conditioned house, so I put a fan on it, but it didn't help. I lived with the inconvenience until recently it increased the frequency of the re-boots. It's offline now. If no one knows of a solution, I want an exchange.
Message 1 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Random Re-boot

Have you tried connecting on a different power outlet or changing the adapter?
Message 2 of 7
flemingisle
Aspirant

I did not try another power outlet, it was connected to an UPS along with an NAS. When I go back to this unit I will try another power outlet. The adapter should be irrelevant because both of our laptops have internal wireless adapters plus we both have USB adapters and they're all doing the same thing------------it's not the adapters.
Message 3 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

My apologies, I mean power adapter not wireless adapter.
Message 4 of 7
Longshot2015
Aspirant

Any chance you found any resolution on this? I just got one of these routers and mine is rebooting several times a day for no reason at all. Frustrating.
Message 5 of 7
cbredt
Tutor

What are the symptoms of rebooting? Doesn't it just restart again?
Thanks,cb
Message 6 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

@Longshot2015:

Try using a different power adapter or connect to a different power outlet.

@cbredt:

Reboot means the router turns off and turns back on by itself.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7