Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax48 configurations with other equipment for best results

EnwErica
Initiate

Rax48 configurations with other equipment for best results

I have a nighthawk c7000v2 router/modem combo, an Arris SBG8300 router/modem combo and a nighthawk rax48 router. On one end of my house I have outdoor cameras and the other end my son has his “pro” gaming set up. Both basically needs a router nearby for better quality. Is there a way to connect all three devices to achieve this goal? Such as: one in ap or bridge mode or extender more??. I do not know how all of that works but would like to if possible. I have suddenlink and multiple cable outlets (same internet) throughout my home.
If not, does the orbi system serve basically that same purpose /goal Im trying to achieve? And if so, does it what have the capability to keep up with my sons gaming? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Rax48 configurations with other equipment for best results

Your a little stuck. here's why. 

The C7000 and the SBG8300 are both modem/router combo devices. And both have a modem only mode but not a router only mode. 

There is a way of getting a c7000 to act as a type of access point. 

If you want to try, here's the guide: 

Can I use a C6300 cable modem without cable intern... - NETGEAR Communities

so if you can get that working, I'd go SBG8300----->C7000 (access point mode)------>RAX in access point mode. 

You'd need to hardwire in the C7000 and the RAX. 

If you can't get the C7000 to work as a type of access point then go:
SBG8300------>RAX

Reason why is the SBG has the better modem of the bunch. The RAX has the best routing capability. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Your a little stuck. here's why. 

The C7000 and the SBG8300 are both modem/router combo devices. And both have a modem only mode but not a router only mode. 

There is a way of getting a c7000 to act as a type of access point. 

If you want to try, here's the guide: 

Can I use a C6300 cable modem without cable intern... - NETGEAR Communities

so if you can get that working, I'd go SBG8300----->C7000 (access point mode)------>RAX in access point mode. 

You'd need to hardwire in the C7000 and the RAX. 

If you can't get the C7000 to work as a type of access point then go:
SBG8300------>RAX

Reason why is the SBG has the better modem of the bunch. The RAX has the best routing capability. 

Message 2 of 4
EnwErica
Initiate

Thank you very much. I have reached out several times to Netgear support with the paid extended subscription I have, but you have been the most helpful (actually ONLY helpful) response and solution I have received. Thank you again. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to help out! If you need further help, we're happy to help. 

Did you get it setup how you'd like?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7