Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM2000 All lights flashing rapidly, no network connection

Nutter281
Follower

I just had this issue on my CM2000 that is less than 5 months old. All lights flashing rapidly with no comms. I attempted every reset mode available without success.

I am not familiar with Netgear's warranty policy - I have active hardware warranty for the first year but because I didn't pay for extended support, I can't actually use the 12 month hardware warranty after the first 90 days? What kind of a policy is this? I can't remember the last time I purchased a premium electronic device that didn't carry at least a one year warranty included in the purchase price. Why else does the CM2000 carry such a premium price tag? 

In 22 years of cable broadband, I've actually never had a modem fail, let alone after 5 months of service. For Netgear to completely abandon customers of such a lavish (overpriced) cable modem after 90 days is absolutely pathetic. This thing costs 2X what most 1Gbps+ capable models cost but I honestly purchased it because it looks nice sitting next to my AX6 router. That was a mistake and I can't believe Netgear would abandon customers like this. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

So does the modem continue to flash like this even if you disconnect the COAX cable from the modem? 

Can you access the modems web page at 192.168.1.1 with a wired PC connected directly to the modem? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7