Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyShare USB Drive - Unable to Write to Drive from MacBook Pro

Joshipp
Aspirant

ReadyShare USB Drive - Unable to Write to Drive from MacBook Pro

I can connect to and read my files with no problem from the connected USB drive. My problem is when I try to write to the drive. First it asks me to log in. The only login it will accept is the user login for my Mac but when I use this login it errors out saying "That operation can't be completed because you don't have the necessary permission." If I login to the C7800 Nighthawk Router and access the ReadyShare storage, the write access for the drive is set us as "All - No Password".

My router is running firmware version 6.01.07. I have tried resetting the router, my compter, etc. I have tried changing the read & write access to password protected and then back. None of this worked.

Please HELP! I just upgraded to this router and the drive worked perfectly on our old system so I know that it isn't a problem with the drive.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
Joshipp
Aspirant

Re: ReadyShare USB Drive - Unable to Write to Drive from MacBook Pro

Just in case it helps, my MacBook Pro is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), Processor: 2.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, and 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 of Memmory. I am running macOS Big Sur version 11.6.1.

I am also accessing the drive per the following link:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/ReadyShare-on-macOS/m-p/1175518/highlight/...

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ReadyShare USB Drive - Unable to Write to Drive from MacBook Pro

Wondering if there is a access problem between the ReadyShare and OSX. I've heard some information that newer OSX versions can be problematic with SMB shares...

I'd reach out to NG support and see if there is any information they might help with.

@DexterJB 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7