Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readyshare showing up as an Attached Device

ng7457
Follower

Readyshare showing up as an Attached Device

Hello,

This is a post about a NightHawk AC1900 Wi-Fi Cable Modem and Router, model C7000 v2.

My Readyshare server is not enabled in the advanced settings of my router, and I have not set up any share folders or even connected a USB device to my router to act as a storage device.  However, starting just yesterday, my Readyshare (Internal server) started showing up in my list of Attached Devices as a Wired device that is attached to my router.  This also makes the Readyshare server show up in my arp table on my Windows 10 box.

(1)  Like I say, this just started happening yesterday, and before this, my Readyshare server did not show up as an attached device on my router or in my arp table on my Windows 10 box.  I would like to completely disable this functionality so that it does not show up as an attached device for my router at all and so that the Readyshare server for my router does not show up in my arp table for my Windows 10 box.  (I do not wish to use the Readyshare functionality with my router.)  How do I do this?  (Again in the Advanced Settings page of my USB Storage for my router, which corresponds to my Readyshare server, I do not have any of the available Readyshare sites/links enabled, and all are also set to be password protected with my Admin password that I use to login to my router.)

(2)  Finally, I have read that the Readyshare functionality has some kind of memory overflow vulnerability.  Could someone be exploiting this vulnerability in some way to make my Readyshare server suddenly start showing up as an Attached Device on my router?  Please advise me about this because I am most concerned about shutting down Readyshare as a vulnerability as best I can.  Unfortunately, since this is also a cable modem and not just a router, and my ISP is actually the one that controls what firmware version is used for the Cable Modem router that I have. Currently, my ISP is running firmware v. 1.02.09 for my cable-modem/router.

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed yet? 

Message 2 of 7
fullbright
Aspirant

I just wonder if you found a permanent solution to this issue.

Message 3 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI @fullbright,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Are you having a similar issue as well? Do you have the same cable modem model?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
fullbright
Aspirant

Yes, I have the same problem.

Message 5 of 7
fullbright
Aspirant

I also made another post about this problem. You can check "Re: wired readyshare"

There are many other posts in this community forum but there is no clear working solution at all. 

Message 6 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @fullbright,

Our support team is looking into this issue and would like to work with you

We would like to endorse you to NETGEAR Level 2 support team for a callback. Please DM the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (at least 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7