Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recent lag timeouts, packet loss C7800, ISP XFinity

icy_
Aspirant

Recent lag timeouts, packet loss C7800, ISP XFinity

Hi, I'm not sure what to do.  I'm suddenly experiencing packet loss in last week or so, and it's happening quite often.  I changed nothing with wires.  Thought I'd ask you fine Netgear gurus here first to see if it's something from router!

Album of a few troublesome images so far, showing three from the basic "cable" section, and one from "event log" with timeouts.

https://imgur.com/a/vNr9Uo1

I've been doing  ping -n 100  8.8.8.8   to confirm i'm getting packetloss, at least 3 of them lost in 100 sent to a known Google DNS.

I know there's an issue but no idea what next steps to take.  

Using Netgear Nighthawk C7800, it has wireless as well but i'm on wired with these issues.  My ISP is XFinity, east coast USA.

thanks,

icy

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
icy_
Aspirant

Re: Recent lag timeouts, packet loss C7800, ISP XFinity

ok, I couldnt resist -- I wrote down what few settings I changed and did Factory Reset through the router local webpage.

I waited for it to automatically upgrade the firmware from the ISP, everything looked similar, same version, etc.

Unfortunately, the packet loss continues (image attached).   At this point is it some higher XFinity technician issue?  What do I ask them to do or look for?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Recent lag timeouts, packet loss C7800, ISP XFinity

I'd check with xfinity. Your line power/errors looks pretty spot on. but your log is showing connection issues. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7