Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Repeater

Diepe745
Aspirant

Repeater

How can I make my router as repeater between modem en netgear router.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Repeater

Hello Diepe745

What model of router and modem do you have and what are you trying to do extend your wireless coverage?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Diepe745
Aspirant

Router Netgear WNDR4500v2

Modem UPC Network and Telephone

UPC modem has it´s own SSID and WPA key for Wireless

I want you use the Netgear as a repeater or extender for the UPC modem, one Wireless SSID used on two devices ,Netgear Router and UPC modem.

How to adjust that, that my question ?

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Diepe745

This is pretty simple log into your Netgear router click on advanced tab then advanced setup then wireless settings then just click the enable AP mode.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20927

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Diepe745
Aspirant

I find out another way, It works perfectly, first I reset the Router, than connect the Router with de PC not with the modem by using one off the 4 lan ports on the Router, automaticlly it adjust the settings for connection, choose self configuration, than it opens www.routerlogin.net, under advanced Lan settings, change the IP adress by me it was  196.168.0.1 changed that in the host IP adress 196.162.0.2 ,clicked on process, after the settings is done, disable DCHP server. than change the channel setting, if Modem is using channel 6 than the Router channel has to be at least 4 channels higher so Channel 12, enter the same SSID and WPA key given on your Modem, into the Router and process. turn off the Router and your PC, connect network cable from Modem in one off the 4 Lan port on the Router ,NOT in the yellow port on the Router ,the other network cable was already from connected between the Router Lan port on your PC Lanport, startup PC and Router and everything is set, you can test it by disable your wireless settings in Modem and check your wireless device and you will see that automaticlly it will pick up the Router wireless mode with the SSID name and WPA that you have given in the Router, my modem is in my livingroom and the router is in my office upstairs and it works perfectly.

Message 5 of 6
Diepe745
Aspirant

Your suggestion was better AP .  Wireless connecting is set. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7