Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Resetting Router Mode C3000

Mrbelk
Tutor

Resetting Router Mode C3000

I was troubleshooting an issue and arbitrarily changed the router mode to no. This was a not so smart move. Now the router doesn’t show on my list of available networks. I’ve tried doing a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the bottom but that doesn’t seem to work. I need reset the router mode back to yes but since it doesn’t show, I cannot access the modem at all. Any ideas ? Appreciate your help.
Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

connect 1 device to the c3000 ethernet port, disconnect the other devices from it. Then reboot the c3000. 

Then go to 192.168.100.1

that should let you access the c3000 and re-enable router mode. 

You can try a factory reset as well. Many times people don't push and hold for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Message 2 of 5
Mrbelk
Tutor

I appreciate the tip and sorry it took me so long to get back to the issue.  As it turns out my PC does not have an ethernet port and I cannot locate a USB to USB cable in my stash to see if I can connect that way.  I also tried the reset button again.  When I press, hard, the button does not seem to give at all, so I can't tell if the reset is actually working.  Do you actually see or feel movement when you press the reset button? 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You would need a USB to Ethernet adapter to connect to the modem with your PC. 

Message 4 of 5
Mrbelk
Tutor

Well, I feel stupid.  Took another look at the bottom of the modem, with eyeglasses on this time.  What I thought was a reset button was actuall a small screw with an indention, which led me to think that the indention was meant for the tip of an ink pin or gem clip. Upon closer examination, I saw a tiny hole.  Tried using a straight pin to press into the hole.  WaLa.  Success.  Model is reset!  Thanks so much for leading me back to the bottom of the box.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7