Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Roku Media Player cannot play video files on USB in C6300 Router

kosburn
Initiate

Roku Media Player cannot play video files on USB in C6300 Router

I am having trouble using Roku Media Player to play video files on a USB stick in my Netgear cable modem/router. The files are mp4 and avi format. I can play them from a USB stick inserted into the Roku device and from media servers on my Windows PC and my iPad. So, I don’t think there is any problem with the files themselves.

My environment:

Roku Ultra, software version, 7.7.0 build 4117-29
Roku Media Player, version 4.1 build 1544

Netegear, cable modem/router, AC1750 (C6300), firmware version 2.01.18

Are you aware of any compatibility problems between these Roku and Netgear products?

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
Kodakwest
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. Hope this gets resolved. My media server is a lot less useful without it
Message 2 of 4
kosburn
Initiate

Thanks for the reply.

The problem still exists for me too although there have been some version updates to the components involved.

At least now it fails quicker with the “File Not Playable” message.

I have noticed that sometimes I can play a video successfully, try another one which fails and then I can’t play the first one again. Go figure.

I have pretty much given up on this issue since neither Netgear nor Roku appear interested in solving the problem.

My current configuration:

Roku Ultra, software version, 8.0.1 build 4018-29

Roku Media Player, version 4.1 build 1559

Netegear, cable modem/router, AC1750 (C6300), firmware version 2.01.22

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 4
Kodakwest
Apprentice

Its a shame too since I have $300.00 in a router that I can't even stream to my television; and am now forced to buy a personal cloud, or get my linux machine back up and running and use it as a media server -

I bought the Nighthawk X6 because it is marketed as the "router that does everything" -  except basic DLNA streaming to the most popular video devices  -

I have seen in other threads that firmware downgrades, and engineers from netgear have modified the firmware and resolved the problem  - this seems like something that should have more attention; I guess next time I need a router I will go with an ASUS or Linksys

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7