Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Service Type Option Missing (Port Triggering)

Hannibal_1975
Aspirant

Service Type Option Missing (Port Triggering)

Model:  6300 AC1750

Firmware Version:  V1.02.21

Application:  Gaming

I am trying to set up port triggering to allow for a more stable NAT configuration for XBOX Live.  To do this I need to declare the ports in the triggering table.  Some of the ports are UDP, and some are TCP.  Two of them are BOTH, which should have the option of TCP/UDP.  For some reason, I only get the option for UDP or TCP, but not the combination.  I cannot find another instance online of anyone else having this issue, though I doubt port triggering is a common application for most users.  I have reset the router back to factory defaults and tried a few other options.  I really want to use the triggering option instead of port forwarding.  Does anyone have ANY idea why this would be happening.  The user manual says there should be all three options, not two.

Thanks..

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Service Type Option Missing (Port Triggering)

Hello Hannibal_1975

Will it allow you to add the port twice and select UDP on one and TCP on another entry?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Hannibal_1975
Aspirant

Unfortunately I have, and it only allows one service type tied to each port entry..
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Here is what we recommend to do about fixing the NAT issues on Xbox

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19844?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
Hannibal_1975
Aspirant

I have done all that, but would rather use port triggering. I paid good money for this router, and shouldn't have to be forced into the position of using a less than desirable solution. Forwarding works, but triggering is easier and would use less overhead.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7