Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Set Up Access List - its gone??

ali99asghar
Aspirant

Set Up Access List - its gone??

I have been using the Wireless Card Asscess List for the longest time and went in last night to add two devices to my allow list by MAC address.  Could not find the thing, finally opened the manual and realised that I was not loosing my mind, some how the setup is changed and the list option does not show anymore?  I do not know why or how this happened, what has changed which has lead to this change?  I am refering to what is listed in the user manual at page 60 and 61 for AC1750 model C6300.  At this point I can not grant access to any new deivce on my network.

Message 1 of 10
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Set Up Access List - its gone??

@ali99asghar

thanks for writing on the community.

what Firmware are you on? who is your ISP?

can you please go to Advanced (tab)>security> access control and see if your devices are listed out there? you may need to re-enable and allow/deny access to the devices.

Message 2 of 10
ali99asghar
Aspirant

Firmware: V2.01.12

ISP: Comcast

Message 3 of 10
ali99asghar
Aspirant

Sorry forgot to mention that only devices listed there are the one already running.  I am trying to ADD new devices, they don't show there.  If I try to connect the device hoping that it will show up here and I can ALLOW it, it does not.  I get a password rejection on the device.  Also I am running 2.4GHz and 5GHz, I allow dedicated devices on one but not both and the Advanced (tab)>security> access control does not give you the option to sort accordlingly.

Message 4 of 10
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

sorry, dont understand your use-case here.

what are you trying to accomplish?

Message 5 of 10
ali99asghar
Aspirant

Thanks for taking the time with this.

I have had "Wireless Card Access List" setup running since I got the router in late October 2014 and it has been running great without any issues.

Under "ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings" I had "Turn Access Control On" checked for both gateway radio's (2.4 GHz and 5GHz) with "Allow List" selected and this is where I had my respective MAC adress listed for each radios.  I no longer see this option anymore.

Goal being:  For increased security, allow only specific wireless computers and devices to access the wireless network based on their MAC addresses.

Message 6 of 10
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@ali99asghar

Please send me PM on this topic.

Message 7 of 10
mzd8888
Aspirant

Hi Ali99asghar,

I have the same issue with you with the same router and firmware version. Can you please let me know how you solve it?

Thanks,

mzd8888

Message 8 of 10
hnguye22
Tutor

I have the same problem for WNDR3400V2 router, after I update the firmware to V1.0.0.52_1.0_.81.

Message 9 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello hnguye22

Have you tried clearing your internet history and cookies or trying another web browser could be just a browser cache issue.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7