Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setup C3000 N300 as “repeater” for XFINITY gateway

CompleteNovice
Follower

Setup C3000 N300 as “repeater” for XFINITY gateway

I’ve seen some methods for changing advanced settings to allow a netgear to act as wireless access point. Is this another way to say signal repeater (ie connect to “repeater” but it’s using main router’s signal), if so are there any plain English instructions to accomplish it? No experience with this level of setup.
Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3

@CompleteNovice wrote:
I’ve seen some methods for changing advanced settings to allow a netgear to act as wireless access point.

That would be for routers and DSL modem/routers. Cable modem/routers like the C3000 do not have this built into their controls.

An access point needs a wired connection to the main router. Cable modem/routers don't have that "WAN socket".

Is this another way to say signal repeater (ie connect to “repeater” but it’s using main router’s signal), if so are there any plain English instructions to accomplish it?

If you mean that you want to use a device as a wifi repeater, also known as a wireless bridge, which is not the same thing as an access point, then that is even less likely to work on a modem/router.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

C series modems only support router gatway mode or modem only mode. No repeater or wireless bridge modes are supported. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7