Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow WiFi C6300 after firmware update

MarceloLuca
Aspirant

Slow WiFi C6300 after firmware update

For the last 2 weeks my Wifi has been very very slow on downloads.

I have TWC supposedly at 60MBPs but I am having less tehm 10 on speed tests and felling really slow. 

I did a test connecting via cable with my laptop, and improved a lot, showing around 50 on speed test.

I already tryed to reset, unplug several times, changed chanel from auto to various different ones, changed 2.4 to 5. Nothing seems to improve. Any idea on this??

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Do you have any really old wifi devices connected to the wireless? Have you tried to connect only the laptop and run a test?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
MarceloLuca
Aspirant

My oldest device is my Iphone6

Todays TWC technician was here, and tested cable, daid everything looks ok, from their side.

When I perform the speed test, it shows up to 30-50Mbps, but the issue now is that it takes a few seconds to get this speed. And the worse, navigation on wifi devices steel very slow despite any speed showed on tests

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I suggest contacting our support could be a issues with the hardware.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
wbrightfl
Aspirant

Spectrum cable and I recieved this same update 2-3 weeks ago.  Since the update my wi-fi speeds are half of advertised.  Before the firware update I consistently received a little over the advertised rate.  

Message 5 of 9
feedbag
Initiate

I found a post that help me,  see below,  my QoS was enable and I disabled it, reboot the router and my speed returned to normal, I did not turn Qos back on.

Here is the text from the post

My QoS was enabled and configured at the time of the firmware update.  After reboot the download speeds were terrible.

Found out you need to shut off QoS, reboot router, turn on QoS, reboot the router and the new updated Dynamic QoS setup page will show up.  Once you properly configure the new Dynamic QoS the download speeds almost return to normal.

Message 6 of 9
MarceloLuca
Aspirant

Do you know how to config QoS on a C6300?

what are the screens or path?

Message 7 of 9
wbrightfl
Aspirant

@MarceloLuca wrote:

Do you know how to config QoS on a C6300?

what are the screens or path?

There is no QoS setting in the model C6300.  

Message 8 of 9
hench666
Aspirant

i am having the same issue. spectrum couldnt do anything. my router dl speed on wifi is only 35+/-Mbps and my wired dl is 180+/-Mbps. did you get a fix for this issue?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7