Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow in speed

owenj7920
Follower

Slow in speed

Why is my 5GHz speed slow on my Nighthawk AX8 WiFi 6 Cable Modem Router (CAX80)? Basically while using it on exactlly I am facing this problem hugely. Also while I am playing online games then also my router is very much slow. But I have reset all the things still the issues persist.

I have followed these steps also but the issue is still persist.

To fix slow 5GHz WiFi speeds:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the Nighthawk modem router network.
  2. Enter routerlogin(dot)net. A login window opens.
  3. Enter the Nighthawk modem router admin user name and password.

The default user name is admin. The default password is the one that you specified the first time that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: Slow in speed

We will need more details about the issue, since many details provided seem unrelated.

For example, many online gaming issues are related to latency and bufferbloat, and conection saturation, and not general slowness. This is because most games use less than even 300kbps.

Things that will typically cause gaming issues is if another device on the network is saturating the connection, e.g., a system backing up to a cloud storage service, P2P traffic that is being allowed to use 100% of your upload and download whil you are gaming, or ISP troubles, e.g., cable internet but on an oversold node.

With that in mind, if the console is connected via WiFi, then with a smartphone or laptop in the same area, connect to the same AP and run a speedtest https://www.speedtest.net/

After that, share the results here.

Beyond that, make sure that the WiFi settings still have a password set, If you have an open WiFi network then odds are likely that neighbors are liekly using it to pirate every movie made in the past 50 years.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7