Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow internet speeds

Ramon77
Tutor

Slow internet speeds

I have the model C7000V2 and I get half the internet speed I'm suppose to. I had a spectrum technician come by and check everything but there was nothing wrong. He told me that this model was having internet speed problem because of the latest firmwire. Can someone confirm this and how can I revert back to another firmwire?
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
Ngk222
Aspirant

Re: Slow internet speeds

Sorry to break this to you but your out of luck.  Netgear won’t help you except for random people. I wouldn’t be surprise if netgear went out of business in a few years.  I had to replace netgear with another product and guess what?  No More Problems!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ramon 

When did this start happening? is the speed issues on the wired connection or the wireless?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 7
Ramon77
Tutor

Since day 1! I bought this router for the reason I was gonna upgrade my internet to 400mbs and it supported that speed. I had a technician come and check everything and everything is good other than my modem. I tested wired and wireless. On everything I have. Computer, laptop, ps4 and phone. I get nothing over 250.
Message 4 of 7
ZeroC00l
Luminary

I am having the excat same issue. I have the c7000 and 400/20 and only get 180-200mbits.

However, my friend has a Netgear r7000 which is pretty much the same thing only he dont have a modem and yet gets 330-350 via wifi. I was there and seen it with my own eyes.

He has stuff all over the place that you'd think would cut his speed down. Even next to his TV yet gets those speeds.

I think is a combination of the c7000 and the firmware which were not allowed to upgrade but dont get me started on that.

It's an issue with the c7000 and Netgear should push a new firmware for our ISP's or rollback to a working firmware.

Only thing I haven't tried is factory reset my c7000, but dont think that'll do much if it is there firmware. Unless something is corrupted on the router that would cause it.

Maybe Darren could answer that for us, if a factory reset would do the job?

Forgot to mention that testing wired I am getting 490/20 with the c7000.

Message 5 of 7
Ramon77
Tutor

I've done everything already from unplugging to factory reset! I know for a fact that it's the firmware cause I've seen people all over the internet having the same issue and saying that it's the firmware. All I want is the the previous firmware and how to install it.
Message 6 of 7
ZeroC00l
Luminary

It's clearly an issue with the wifi side of things. I've tested this to be sure.

My friend has a r7000 which is the same as the c7000 only without the cable modem. He has the same isp as me. Several devices hooked up to it. Next to a tv and wireless phones. He's getting 350mbit downloads on a 400/20 line.

I have the same 400/20 and I am barely getting 200mbits. His and my unit both came out 2 years ago.

When I use several device close and a few feet away and all get the same speed that tells me it's the wifi side.

Ethernet I get 480/20 so it's not the modem at all. So that there tells me something is hosed on the router and I'd like to go back to the previous firmware but both Netgear and Spectrum neither one of them allow us to update it or roll back.

Spectrum insists that they don't update it. Well someone did. Who was it? Lol
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7