Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow upload speeds CM2000 vs CM1200

vvildstar
Aspirant

Slow upload speeds CM2000 vs CM1200

Hello All!

I just tried to switch out our CM1200 for the new CM2000.  We are on the Comcast/Xfinity 1G plan.  The download speed seems to be similar between the two cable modems, however I am noticing significantly slower upload speeds on the CM2000.  The CM1200 consistenly gets 35+ but I can't seem to get more than 4-5 on the CM2000.  Everything is the same, I am testing speeds with an ethernet cord directly running from laptop to cable modem, using a speed test app on my actual hard-drive.  And ideas why?  Or how to fix?  I have the channels/output information from each cable modem and they look virually identical.  Could there be something wrong with the new modem?

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give me!  I can post the channel information if needed.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Post a copy and paste sample of the connections status page from the modem...

Message 2 of 4
vvildstar
Aspirant

Appreciate the reply! I’ll reach out to the ISP tomorrow. It’s just weird because nothing should be wrong with the line or anything like that. The new modem is exactly where the old one is and I probably switched between the two 3 or 4 times tonight and the only thing that was different between the two is upload speed.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Post a copy and paste sample of the connections status page from the modem...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7