Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Solid amber light upstream

GuIo
Follower

Solid amber light upstream

The upstream light has been amber for a while, but I am still able to use the internet seemily fine. I have tried resetting the modem router, called Xfinity with no help (no technician has come to check wires or anything) and now I'm just wanting some answers. I attached a screen shot to this post. I don't know if this is relevant, but attached to the cable is a 1GHz Low Pass Filter by PCT. Xfinity installed it a few years ago when I lived somewhere else and I attached it to the most recent place I moved to as well. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Solid amber light upstream

I'd remove any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in your coax line.

Its blinking red because you only have 1 locked upstream channel. And its running a bit hot (to high of power). I'm a bit surprised the internet connection is working with that high of power levels on the upstream.

So try removing the filter and any other devices in the coax line. 

Message 2 of 4
Spilette
Aspirant

Hey guys Wanted to join this convo.

same issue amber light, this is what it looks like- Any advice on how to fix this? Thank you in advance

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 9.11.13 PM.png

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@Spilette wrote:

Hey guys Wanted to join this convo.

same issue amber light, this is what it looks like- Any advice on how to fix this? Thank you in advance

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7