Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Some devices are connecting while others are not

AmySmith
Follower

Some devices are connecting while others are not

I just bought the AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router model C6300. I'm running into the problem where some devices cannot connect to the internet while others can. I've tried everything from restarting the actual devices, unplugging the modem, switching cable wires, etc.

For example, my iPhone will connect to the wifi and I'll be able to browse the internet. My daughter's phone will connect with no problem. However, my iPad will say "no connection to internet" when I try to connect to the wifi. My husband's phone also says "no connection to internet". We connected an Ethernet cord from our TV to our new netgear modem but it says "Connection Method: Ethernet Download: Not Available".

When I restart the netgear modem, the same thing will happen but the devices will switch up as to which one can/cannot connect. Meaning my phone will say "no connection to internet" whereas before restarting the modem it was connecting just fine.

The box says 24/7 basic technical PHONE support provided for 90 days from date of purchase yet there is NO PHONE NUMBER listed anywhere on the box or website to call. I've tried the suport page where I login my product serial and model number but all it does is redirect me to the Q&A page. What's the point of having an "online support chat" option when I can't connect to the internet in the first place?
Message 1 of 3
TechnoViking
Aspirant

I am experiencing similar issues with my wireless devices, though they are intermittant.  Both the Wifi and Verizon Wireless icons appear orange when I lose internet access. See annotated screencap here: Google Photo

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Can you provide the modems logs this might help figure out why the modem keeps losing connection.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7