Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SpeedHelp, Troubleshooting

Airwave
Aspirant

SpeedHelp, Troubleshooting

I just installed a new Netgear C6300 trying to get my internet speed up to the 100Mbps I am paying for and I am still only getting 58.20Mbps, what can I do to fix this please?

Message 1 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SpeedHelp, Troubleshooting

@Airwave

1. how are you testing speeds?

2. Who is your ISP?

3. What Firmware is your running?

4. What package did you subscribed for?

Message 2 of 6
Airwave
Aspirant

I have Suddenlink Communications and I have tested the speeds using their speed tester and with Speakeasy speed tester and Speedtest.net.

I am using what ever the computer set up the modem/router with, their is no firmware download for this modem at Netgear so I can't even download a driver specifically for this unit. I am signed up for 100 Mbps. My motherboard is showing a NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet connection with a driver of nvm60x32.sys version 6.02.00.1126,  with a date of 6/21/2006, NVIDIA is the provider. I checked and can not find a newer version.

Message 3 of 6
Airwave
Aspirant

My test speeds at all three locations are showing a download speed of 58.20 and an upload speed of 10.25.

Message 4 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

can you please provide connection page and event logs GUI screenshots?

I believe it is mostly a provisioning issue where ISP has sent the config files with lower speed-tier. Is it possible for you to call and double check with suddenlink?

Message 5 of 6
Airwave
Aspirant

Not sure where to obtain the information you asked for.

I do know that when I logged out of Vista and into Windows 10 my speed was in excess of 100Mbps, so it has to be a Windows Vista issue.

If you know what I need to change in Vista in order for it to work please advise.

Thanks Guys

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7