Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Still can't get in my C7100V Modem Router

laceymike
Aspirant

Still can't get in my C7100V Modem Router

I'm thinking I'm not in my router. I switched to firefox as a browser and entered the IP address in the URL field and the Netgear Genie popped up. But the "Advanced" tab is blackened out and I can't do anything. It looks like I'm logged in because there is a 'Logout' button displayed but I can't perform any admin tasks. I'll enclose a screen shot but I'd sure like some help. Thank you,

Mike

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Still can't get in my C7100V Modem Router

I'd try to access it with either chrome or edge (can't believe I just said try edge). Chrome had issues for a bit and I've read of other browsers that occassionally have issues.  

If that doesn't work, I'd try a factory reset first and then if that doesn't work, contact your isp and see if they can see the C7100v. Potentially the can resend the firmware on it to you. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
laceymike
Aspirant

Well, the screen shot didn't get attached and I can't seem to do it now, even with the "Choose File" button. I'll play with this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

I'd try to access it with either chrome or edge (can't believe I just said try edge). Chrome had issues for a bit and I've read of other browsers that occassionally have issues.  

If that doesn't work, I'd try a factory reset first and then if that doesn't work, contact your isp and see if they can see the C7100v. Potentially the can resend the firmware on it to you. 

Message 3 of 7
IrvSp
Master

I see it, upper left... it is an attachment.

Looks like no data is being read. Assuming you uses the correct URL... note all the empty data spots.

Still, you are in the WRONG forum. Under HOME is a ROUTER/MODEM area. I can't move this, I'm a 'normal' user, so best to re-post over there. Those more familiar with the model might be able to help, or open a case with NG if still under free support warranty.

Message 4 of 7
laceymike
Aspirant

You did it!! Chrome worked and I'm in again. Ahhhh! Smiley Happy Thanks a million. I've never heard of Edge ... but from your comment, perhaps that's why. 😉

Message 5 of 7
laceymike
Aspirant

I'm sorry, I didn't understand at first. Next time I'll use that forum.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Also try a dfifferent browser as well. 

Enjoy. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation