Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Testing the N600/C3700

decreale
Follower

Testing the N600/C3700

Where can I actually see the speed internally withn the modem. I dont' want to run those dump tests which appera to be inconsistent. If I'm watching a Netflix movie can I actually see the download speed somewhere in the modem.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Testing the N600/C3700

There should be a Show Statistics page in the Advanced menu on the C3700.

If you are watching Netflix on a PC/Mac then there are hidden menus to display the speed of the video stream.  You can do a Google search for instructions to access the menus.

There are also Netflix test videos that also display the speed of the video stream.  I believe this is one of them.

Finally, a HD video stream will use only 3 to 6 Mbps.  If your Internet connection is faster than that, then a Netflix movie is not going to be an effective stress test.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: Testing the N600/C3700

There should be a Show Statistics page in the Advanced menu on the C3700.

If you are watching Netflix on a PC/Mac then there are hidden menus to display the speed of the video stream.  You can do a Google search for instructions to access the menus.

There are also Netflix test videos that also display the speed of the video stream.  I believe this is one of them.

Finally, a HD video stream will use only 3 to 6 Mbps.  If your Internet connection is faster than that, then a Netflix movie is not going to be an effective stress test.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7