Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: The internet will drop at least once a week and the modem has to be reset to factory defaults

Lnmayer
Aspirant

The internet will drop at least once a week and the modem has to be reset to factory defaults

Having the same issue.  The internet will drop at least once a week and the modem has to be reset to factory defaults to get it back.  I have contacted the ISP and they indicated that the settings appear to be correct on their end.  Very frustrating especially after spending over $400 for this modem/router.

Message 1 of 5
jesmith602
Apprentice

Re: The internet will drop at least once a week and the modem has to be reset to factory defaults

It took me months and 3 replacement units to finally reach no drops and a consistent speed of 900mbps with Cox. What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Firmware version?

Hardware Version 1.01

Firmware Version V2.1.3.7

Cable Firmware Version V1.02.08
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Whos your ISP? 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

@Lnmayer wrote:

Having the same issue.  The internet will drop at least once a week and the modem has to be reset to factory defaults to get it back.  I have contacted the ISP and they indicated that the settings appear to be correct on their end.  Very frustrating especially after spending over $400 for this modem/router.

Message 3 of 5
Lnmayer
Aspirant

Not stop internet disconnects. Replace cable modem to model c7000 which I was using before the cax80 and no longer are seeing disconnects. The cax80 which I thought had more options is a waste of money. More problems than it was worth.
Constant internet disconnections. Spending more time resting to defaults to have work again for a week. Net gear warranties this modem for 90 days at a vast of over $400. A waste of money and time to continue to reconfigure it. Very undependable
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be nice to get feedback on the questions presented as to help you figure out if this is a modem or ISP or signle line issue. 

Not everyone has problems with the CAN80. Mine works well. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7