Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tried to change it range and now no connection to internet

memitch
Aspirant

Tried to change it range and now no connection to internet

Hi,

I tried to change the IP range - it was like 192.168.1.20 - 192.168.1.254 through routerlogin.net. It said it was restarting the modem and then it just froze for over 45 minutes.

I power cycled the router, and then it would not broadcast wifi. I did power cycle again, and finally wifi came back. All lights are now solid green showing connection to the internet, but none of my devices can get online. They cannot obtain an IP address and when wired it says that there is an invalid ip connection. I can no longer access routerlogin.net, and Comcast says I'm on my own because it's not their router.

What can I do?

Thanks!
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
memitch
Aspirant

Re: Tried to change it range and now no connection to internet

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had reset the router to factory settings a number of times before.  But right as I got your message - I was in the process of doing yet another factory reset.  This time though - I pressed in the reset button for 30 seconds and disconnected the power to the router while keeping the button pressed in.  The lights didn't flash and the device did not reset like it had when I pressed in the button for only 7 seconds before.  I released the reset button for approximately 30 seconds, pressed it back in, then plugged it back in and now I'm online again!

I'm not really sure that the first factory resets ever really took place.  When I did it this way, the first thing that happened when I logged on was it redirected me to the routerlogin.net page.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> What can I do?

The easy thing might be to reset the settings on the C6300, and start
again.  Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and
look for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Look for "Factory Default
Settings".

> [...] I tried to change the IP range [...]

Then be more careful when changing the DHCP server configuration.

Message 2 of 3
memitch
Aspirant

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had reset the router to factory settings a number of times before.  But right as I got your message - I was in the process of doing yet another factory reset.  This time though - I pressed in the reset button for 30 seconds and disconnected the power to the router while keeping the button pressed in.  The lights didn't flash and the device did not reset like it had when I pressed in the button for only 7 seconds before.  I released the reset button for approximately 30 seconds, pressed it back in, then plugged it back in and now I'm online again!

I'm not really sure that the first factory resets ever really took place.  When I did it this way, the first thing that happened when I logged on was it redirected me to the routerlogin.net page.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7