Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble activating router on Xfinity

RMower
Follower

Trouble activating router on Xfinity

Model C3700 N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router

I purchased this router in 2015, registered it with Netgear and installed it on my home network with Xfinity.

I have since replaced the router and sold it to someone else.  She contacted me because Xfinity told her they could not activate the router on her home network because I had registered it with Netgear.  What the heck do I need to do so she can activate the router on her network.  Getting through to Netgear is impossible.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Trouble activating router on Xfinity

That shouldn't matter. I've had several modems I've sold without issues. 

it might be the xfinity tech giving her grief.

the only time I had an issue was when a modem was still the primary modem on a clients account when I bought it. They had to deregister it at xfinity and wouldn't until the customer did it. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Trouble activating router on Xfinity

Try getting ahold Netgear support or a forum Moderator as well.

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

@vkdelta 

@RMower wrote:

Model C3700 N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router

I purchased this router in 2015, registered it with Netgear and installed it on my home network with Xfinity.

I have since replaced the router and sold it to someone else.  She contacted me because Xfinity told her they could not activate the router on her home network because I had registered it with Netgear.  What the heck do I need to do so she can activate the router on her network.  Getting through to Netgear is impossible.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7