Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to access Router Login with IP address. 'This site cannot be reached.'

phbair
Tutor

Unable to access Router Login with IP address. 'This site cannot be reached.'

I am unable to login to my router using the IP address http://192.168.1.1. I get a "site cannot be reached" response from my browser.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Unable to access Router Login with IP address. 'This site cannot be reached.'

Hello phbair

Have you tried to use 192.168.0.1 that is what your default gateway is showing on your ip config. Also you may want to try to connect to the modem by being directly connected to the modem via ethernet rather than using wireless.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12

All Replies
phbair
Tutor

FWIW, I have this problem on more than one browser.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 2 of 12
TheEther
Guru

The router may be using a different address.  Use the procedure in this article (link) do determine the address of your router and use that in case it's not 192.168.1.1.  You can also try entering http://routerlogin.net into your browser.  Most Netgear routers will recognize this URL and connect the browser to the router login process.

Message 3 of 12
phbair
Tutor

These solutions didn't work. Here is the gateway according to ipconfig. Screenshot (1).png

Message 4 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello phbair

Have you tried to use 192.168.0.1 that is what your default gateway is showing on your ip config. Also you may want to try to connect to the modem by being directly connected to the modem via ethernet rather than using wireless.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 12
TheEther
Guru

What's rather odd about the ipconfig output is that it's showing neither the DHCP nor the DNS server information, like this example output below:

ipconfig 

Do you, by any chance, have another router connected to your network?

Message 6 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

Or ping 192.168.0.1

Message 7 of 12
phbair
Tutor

DarrenM - The http://192.168.0.1/ gateway worked this time, though I swear it did not previously. (I was asked for a user name and password, but had not changed them from the original; which is what this project is all about!)

Massive thanks for your help! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

Funny thing is how did it change? By itself?

Message 9 of 12
deanpropps
Aspirant

Cannot login to router through android samsung S6 android device. Havent changed factory settings but wanting to and also change guest access password
Message 10 of 12
phbair
Tutor

Faeries 😁

Message 11 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello deanpropps

Have you tried to clear your browser history or have you tried to log in with www.routerlogin.net

DarrenM

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7