Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to connect to guest network on CAX80

DanQCR
Star

Unable to connect to guest network on CAX80

Hi,

I have turned on the guest network 2.4Ghz so I can have a dedicated 2.4 network for my security cameras. It all looks good on the configuration, but no devices can connect to it, not even a phone or computer, nothing. I've tried rebooting the device by config and by pulling the power cord, and still nothing. Anyone experienced that problem or knows how to solve it?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

What firmware version is on it? 

Have you tried changing the ssid and/or password?

Are you using wpa2 or wpa3?

Message 2 of 6
DanQCR
Star

Latest firmware. Yes, I changed the ssid along with the password and changed from wpa2 to wpa3 and other options including disabling the password completely, which is obviously not ideal, with no avail.
As soon as I have a couple minutes I’m gonna reset the whole thing and reprogram as suggested by some users. We’ll see what happens.
Thanks for your reply. 👍
Message 3 of 6
DanQCR
Star

So. I reset the whole thing and now it seems to be working fine. Strange, because all setting are exactly the same as before. 🤷‍♂️
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it resolved!

If you mark it as solved, it might help the next person with this issue. 

Message 5 of 6
DanQCR
Star

I’m gonna wait a couple days to gain some more inputs from the community and then I’ll mark it solved. We shouldn’t have to be resetting our devices every time we turn a feature on or off.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7