Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to set up MoCa with new Modem/Router

ChadCronin
Follower

Unable to set up MoCa with new Modem/Router

I have a whole home Tivo Bolt + that I have set up with MoCa. I previous had Mediacoms DVR system and when I got the new one it worked right out the box. But when I returned the Mediacom router/modem today and bought the Nighthawk it stopped working. Is it compatible with MoCa because I cannot get my Tivo Mini's to connect to the internet at all. The tivo just keeps telling me it cannot connect to my router. So wasn't sure if I had to change a setting or if the model I bought won't work with that feature. I even tried the Ethernet + MoCa and keep getting issues with Mini not finding internet. I spent over an hour on the phone with Tivo Support and they couldn't figure it out either. Internet speeds are perfect and no issues connecting to wifi. Just didn't know if it's a setting issue or if I cannot use MoCa with this. Tivo said Bolt+ can make it's own MoCa, so I should be able to do this. Any suggestions or info?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: Unable to set up MoCa with new Modem/Router

MoCa should be transparent to the router.  As far as router is concerned, MoCa looks like an Ethernet wire.  You should make sure that your cables are good.  Make sure nothing is enabled on the R7000 that would block the Tivos.  Or you could try performing a factory reset of the R7000.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7