Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unknown device connected to network and WPS grayed out

Nacalia
Follower

Unknown device connected to network and WPS grayed out

WPS Wizard is inaccessible (button greyed out) with no ability to turn it on 

A peripheral was added as a “Server” that I did not add and have no control to delete nor block

therefore is controlling my computer volume and has taking over as the “client”

Desktop Netgear Genie does not recognize my admin login password. A Netgear representative told me to “forget the desktop Genie (?)

Netgear’s suggested solution was to purchase a technical support subscription which conflicts with the purpose of turning in my Time Warner modem and purchasing my own in order to reduce my costs

The only peripheral I have connected wirelessly is the laptop I use. So it made no sense that a unknown peripheral would be connected to my Network Lan. 

To further investigate I turned the wireless peripheral off. Then I hardwired an old laptop to the modem via ethernet. Each had it’s own IP Address.

What occurred next is my wireless peripheral was assigned a new IP Address, the unknown  peripheral assumed the original IP address of my wireless peripheral, and the wired peripheral assumed the IP address of ReadyShare (which I had previously disabled when I 1st tried to delete the unknown peripheral from my LAN). Currently I can no longer disable ReadyShare although I have unchecked all the boxes.

I want to be able to delete the unknown peripheral, and get back control of my desktop and login router Genie, regain access to my WPS Wizard and control over my LAN. Multiple resets have not resolved these issues 

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Unknown device connected to network and WPS grayed out

Hello Nacalia

Have you tied to use the access control list on your router this will allow you to block any unknown devices connected to the network? How long has the WPS button been grey? Have you noticed any firmware updates since this has happened?

https://kb.netgear.com/24830/Configuring-Access-Control-on-Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-Router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7