Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unstable Internet Connection

Calvarez11
Follower

Unstable Internet Connection

Hello, 

Perhaps, someone will have an answer for me. I purchased the router on Dec 22, 2017. The router has been in use at home since that day. We have 7 devices that are connected to the wifi. One of them is hardwired to the router (apple tv). Our internet is fine; we use Cox. The issue we have is that when I am at work (work from home) or in a zoom meeting on my personal laptop, I get this unstable internet connect message. We get a delay between thte audio and screen and sometimes I have to jump to my hotspot on my phone. Cox claims it is not an internet issues on their end. I am thinking the router might be the issue. I've own this router for almost 4 years - do you think it is time to upgrade? I upgraded my modem back in 2019. 

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful. 

Thanks 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unstable Internet Connection

If this is in regards to the R6700, please visit and post about this model router in the NH Router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Please include the following:

What ISP Speed UP and Down do you pay for? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7