Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upstream LED flashes continuously

vinnyd51
Tutor

Upstream LED flashes continuously

I saw the answer to this question, but I'm still confused. When I first purchased this modem router a few weeks ago, the upstream LED flashed continuously. A couple of days later it was solid green. A day after that, it went back to flashing and has not changed. I saw in the booklet that came with it that it "is scanning for an upstream channel" (whatever that means), but will it ever stop blinking again? Please explain what is happening here.

Thank you!

Vinny

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Upstream LED flashes continuously

It usually means only 1 upstream channel is locked. 

do you have a screen snip of your cable connections page and the logs from the modem? That lets us check the signal.

If you do have any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers, remove them from the coax line. Check the line for damage, kinks, loose/old/bad connections. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What modem model# are you referring too? 

@vinnyd51 wrote:

I saw the answer to this question, but I'm still confused. When I first purchased this modem router a few weeks ago, the upstream LED flashed continuously. A couple of days later it was solid green. A day after that, it went back to flashing and has not changed. I saw in the booklet that came with it that it "is scanning for an upstream channel" (whatever that means), but will it ever stop blinking again? Please explain what is happening here.

Thank you!

Vinny

Message 3 of 4
vinnyd51
Tutor

Model C7000v2

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos