Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upstream light flashing no internet connection

byteme67
Tutor

Upstream light flashing no internet connection

I was trying to log into my router tonight and for some reason it didn’t like the password I was entering. I got to the security questions page and it didn’t like those answers either. I know the answers to the security questions let alone the password I changed for the admin login.
So I decided to reset the blasted thing. It went through the resetting process and BOOM no more internet. The internet was working JUST fine before the reset. I checked all cables. I’ve reset the blasted piece of junk half-dozen or more times in hopes it would connect. To no avail it’s still not connecting and the upstream light keeps flashing. All other lights are green except the World light is not lit. Of course it wouldn’t be because there is no connection.
I’ve used Comcast’s app to send a refresh signal and they tell me everything is fine on their end.
What else is there to do in this case? I have to have internet. The modem/router is not even a year old for $180 it’s a piece of junk. Unless netgear wants to step up their game I wouldn’t want spend another dime on their crap.
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
antinode
Guru

> I was trying to log into my router tonight and for some reason it
> didn't like the password I was entering. [...]

Ok.

> So I decided to reset the blasted thing. It went through the resetting
> process and BOOM no more internet. [...]

Ok.  And, now that you've reset the (settings of the) blasted thing,
can you log into its management web site?  Does it offer any status
information?

> Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0

Is that accurate?  Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your
model number, and look for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.
Look for "Troubleshooting".

> [...] their crap.

Your problem description wouldn't take many prizes, either.

Message 2 of 5
byteme67
Tutor

Let me rephrase this. Everything was working great until I reset the unit using the reset switch on the back. Now I have no internet connection.
Yes I can log into the web management. And nothing in the user manual states check out this or that when your upstream light is flashing green and the power, the downstream, the 2.4Ghz, the 5Ghz and the Ethernet lights are solid green. And your internet light is out.
I’ve checked all cabling. Nothing changed there. I did reseat the coax just in case because in the web management it states there is no RF signal.
This is frustrating
Message 3 of 5
additude
Virtuoso

Can you connect it to the cable jack in your home that your Cable Box is connected to and see if you can get a signal there.

Use the cable that connects to your cable box.

If you don't have that availability, then try to use a cable jack that is closest to where cable comes into your home. If you don't know that then you need to verify that you have a "Cable Signal" at the jack that you are using. But you have to verify that you have a valid cable signal at the jack that you are plugged into. Don't assume. Prove.

Make sure that your Modem/Router is NOT located in a place where it can get too hot and overheat.

If that doesn't work:

Maybe you can use your phone as a HotSpot to get your computer on the internet to download firmware.

Download a firmware version that you want from NetGear Support and store it locally.

I would download both the current version that you have installed and also the latest version.

Then reset the modem via the button on the back. Hold for a slow count of 10 then release.

Update the firmware via the local file you downloaded.

Try Latest version first.

Reboot and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, then maybe you can return it, exchange it, contact support for options.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact your ISP and have them check the single lines up to the modem...

@byteme67 wrote:
Let me rephrase this. Everything was working great until I reset the unit using the reset switch on the back. Now I have no internet connection.
Yes I can log into the web management. And nothing in the user manual states check out this or that when your upstream light is flashing green and the power, the downstream, the 2.4Ghz, the 5Ghz and the Ethernet lights are solid green. And your internet light is out.
I’ve checked all cabling. Nothing changed there. I did reseat the coax just in case because in the web management it states there is no RF signal.
This is frustrating

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7