Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Used CM600 Setup Question

Jab20
Aspirant

Used CM600 Setup Question

Hello! I’ve got a quick question about a CM600 I sold recently. I did a factory reset before I shipped it out and instructed them to do the same, but they claim that xfinity is needing some of my old info. A factory reset would fix anything that my old provider would have remotely done to the modem, correct? I think they are just fishing for passwords and such, but was wanting to ask the experts: should a used modem (that functions) be fine and 100% compatible with Xfinity (after being used with Suddenlink) after a factory reset? Thanks!
Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Used CM600 Setup Question

Are you on XF or a different ISP? If the same ISP, then they maybe seeing the MAC address listed under your account information still.This would need to be removed.  

Yes, a factory reset would blow away any configurations on the CM modem. Which would only be the admin and password configurations. 

I would make sure that XF removed the MAC address from your account if your with XF. If not, then XF shouldn't be asking you for any info. They should be associacting with there services under the new owners account. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] they claim that xfinity is needing some of my old info. [...]

_Which_ "my old info"?

The only obvious justification would be theft discouragement, but
with my weak psychic powers, "some of my old info" is not a useful
description of anything.

Message 2 of 5
Jab20
Aspirant

WiFi name and password, but it doesn’t have WiFi.... I think admin is unchangeable and password resets with a hard reboot
Message 3 of 5
Jab20
Aspirant

It really should be just a yes or no, would a factory reboot reset the machine to where their provider should have no problem setting it up.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you on XF or a different ISP? If the same ISP, then they maybe seeing the MAC address listed under your account information still.This would need to be removed.  

Yes, a factory reset would blow away any configurations on the CM modem. Which would only be the admin and password configurations. 

I would make sure that XF removed the MAC address from your account if your with XF. If not, then XF shouldn't be asking you for any info. They should be associacting with there services under the new owners account. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7