Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Very inconsistent upload from 12 to 1 Mbps

Luca333
Aspirant

Very inconsistent upload from 12 to 1 Mbps

Hello guys,

I hope I can get some help from some of you, because I'm going nowhere with the xfinity support.

I began having very inconsistent upload speed a couple of months ago but now it is happening every day for at least 12 hours per day.

i have a plan with 200 download and 10 upload and I'm always getting 200+ download and 12 upload during the nights and less than 1 during the days.

i did all the following with no luck:

- called xfinity at least 20 times and everything looks fine

- got xfinity technician on site who stated that everything looks great

- upgraded modem to the latest netgear cm1000 with latest firmware installed

- upgraded router firmware but all the tests have been done also with laptop connected via Ethernet directly to the modem

- tested my neighbor line with same results: good constant download and upload varying from 12 to 2.

i don't see what else I can do inside the house and it looks to me an issue of xfinity in the area. Anyway as already said they continue stating that there are no issues around.

Any help from you???

thanks so much

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Very inconsistent upload from 12 to 1 Mbps

If the speeds return to normal during evenings, it looks like a capacity issue rathen than Modem issue. 

what do you see when you had other modem? same issue? 

where are you located?

Have you rented modem from Comcast? if yes, does it show same issue? Sometime, best way to resolve the issue is to rent their modem for few weeks and show the problem to them. At that point, they cannot say, it is modem issue since it is their own modem. 

Message 2 of 3
Luca333
Aspirant

Re: Very inconsistent upload from 12 to 1 Mbps

Located in Houston.

Same issue with TP link modem and new modem. I didn't think it was a modem issue but I wanted to avoid the "excuse" for comcast to say it is my fault...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7