Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Very poor customer service in support of wifi router not performing!

techlover1
Follower

Very poor customer service in support of wifi router not performing!

I just called for the first time to request support for an issue I have with my wifi which is supposed to work up to 300Mbps, I'm getting 100Mbps from the cable company but when it goes over wifi I just get between 10 and 30 Mbps. The first person (hard to understand his name) juts kept telling me that I needed to buy a "protection" plan for a year because my drivers were missing, After repeatedly chanting to me that I needed to pay a nominal fee of $179 (more that what the router cost!) I asked him to transfer me to his Supervisor. "Mike" answered and rudely told me in few words to take it or leave it and I got hang up again. After calling the third time they told me that they will call me in an hour.

All I want is the router to work as advertised. Is it my bad luck or anyone else is getting this rude service and push to buy "plans"?

I had Linkys and their customer service was superb, I really want to give Netgear a chance but their Customer Support reps are making it a nightmare in this my first contact ;(

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Very poor customer service in support of wifi router not performing!

Hello techlover1

What is the model of your modem and who is your ISP? 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Very poor customer service in support of wifi router not performing!

An N300 router does never ever reach the theoretical data rate of 300 Mb/s - realistic numbers for N300 on 2.4 GHz band on short distances are some 50..20 Mb/s effective, becoming less on a distance, through walls, ...

Depending on the distance, the environment, the WiFi client in your computer, the numbers are highly variable.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7